Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Depression

I recently saw the stake president at my church meetings. He greeted and chatted with me, then mentioned that he had called my father-in-law a few weeks ago.

So I asked Noah's dad about it this past weekend, and he said that the phone call was to forewarn him that they may need to call Noah to a disciplinary court.

For what, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I've never heard of a court being held for "word of wisdom." There are no morality/chastity issues....not yet, anyway. Does looking for a boyfriend count?

I guess it could be apostasy...

I couldn't sleep well that night.

When I mentioned it to Noah the next day, he became very frustrated. "I was thinking of resigning my church membership anyway. I guess now is the time." Then he settled into a bout of depression that lasted over the weekend.

I wish he was still taking his antidepressants. He claims he is fine without them, but I'm getting tired of this roller coaster...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for those of us who wrestle with depression, the on again/ off again relationship with anti depressants is legendary and constant. You feel like garbage without them, but feel like garbage with them. You would rather feel like garbage without the aid of chemicals so you go off, and drop down into a funk before you have the ability to recognize what is going on. I do this every few years. Even today I was thinking of going off again since I am so tired all of the time. But I have to keep remembering the little trip I took to the mental hospital last spring when I went off the last time. As well as the trip I took five years ago when I went off before. That is usually enough to get me to swallow one more pill.
The journey of the spouse of the depressed person is often overlooked and shoved aside next to the glare of the depressed. I feel for you.